Quality assurance of third party/partner delivery of TAFE awards - procedure and checklists
Intent and objectives
To clarify responsibilities and describe the procedures for documentation of quality assurance of third party/partner arrangements which address the delivery of TAFE qualifications on the University’s Scope of Registration. It is essential that all partnership arrangements are underpinned by a written agreement that clearly and fully expresses the roles and responsibilities of each party, including provision for monitoring and reviewing provisions of the agreement.
RMIT is accountable for the quality of training and assessment provided on its behalf and therefore has overall responsibility for ensuring that practices align to AQTF Standards and there is evidence to demonstrate compliance with them.
Applies to all TAFE programs on the University’s Scope of Registration as a Registered Training Organisation, whether delivered in Australia or offshore.
The third party/partner or client could be:
- A partner organisation as a consortium
- A School
- An industry association/organisation
- A training organisation
- Another University
- A public or private RTO
- Government body
- Enterprise-based RTO
- Commercial entity
1. A written agreement must be in place with any other party delivering training and assessment in partnership with the University.
2. This agreement must specify how each party will discharge its responsibilities for compliance with the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) Essential Standards for Registration and specify arrangements for the process(es) to be used, frequency and responsibilities for monitoring agreement provisions.
3. Auspiced arrangements for VET in Schools programs will be developed in conjunction with the RMIT VET in Schools Office.
4. Arrangements for third party/partner delivery of TAFE awards, offshore will be developed in collaboration with RMIT Global Business Development. The responsibilities and authorities of RMIT and each offshore partner will be clearly articulated in a Services Agreement and AQTF Quality Assurance Annexure.
Quality assurance accountability
1. Director TAFE has overall accountability for ensuring that quality assurance processes consistent with this procedure are in place.
2. Heads of School are accountable for AQTF compliance in the execution of particular third party/partner agreements.
3. A third party/partner provider will be visited at least once per annum for quality assurance purposes (see Third party delivery of TAFE awards – roles and responsibilities checklist).
4. Records demonstrating compliance will be held within the relevant School.[Next: Supporting documents and information]